Maryland Assisted Living Facilities
By Carol Fena
Maryland has many facilities since it is the heart of retirees from the large government and private employment centers. There are large, medium and small facilities for your selection. This page is for Assisted living and Independent Living.
Visit Communities to Determine Your Needs
Communities often have formal assessments to determine the services you will need so your first step is to visit a community you like, and then let the community you choose assess your specific needs to see if it is a fit.
Content this page
Next pages for Maryland:
Nursing and Combination Services
See separate pages for all categories:
Mainly Independent with some assisted
- Atria Manresa Annapolis - Anne Arundel County - Independent and Assisted Living - also retreat and temporary stays - on-site physical therapy - pets welcome - computer center - activities - Atri--known for its delicious meals - building is a beautiful restored mansion - home-like feeling close to Bay Bridge. Choice of apartments and activities.
Facilities with Assisted Living only
- Catered Living of Ocean Pines - Ocean Pines MD - minutes to Ocean City - Condominiums for independent living with golf, yacht club, marinas, swim pools, tennis and much more. Self-contained community.
Separate assisted living suites in 2 one-level buildings. Suites are with private bath and kitchenettes - Services include full time RN and 24-hour on-call service, medication management, 3 meals, housekeeping, laundry and more. Includes personalized care.
1135 Ocean Parkway, Ocean Pines, MD - 410-208-1000
- Morningside House of Ellicott City Large community offers several levels of care - encouraging independence - choice of companion, studio, 1 and 2BR pats with private baths - smoke free - beauty salon/barber - 3 restaurant style meals/snacks - activities - life enrichment programs.
- Shangri-La Assisted Living - Ellicott City Assisted - medium-size community offers private 1 BR and semi-private shared and apartments - Tours Mon-Sat w/appt or walkin. - personalized care plan for each resident - daily activities - chef prepared meals and snacks. Residents rooms cleaned daily.
- Abby Manor in Elkton apartment suites including bedroom/bath with walk-in shower, telephone and cable. Designed to be cozy. Home cooked meals and outdoor garden patio. Assisted living and respite - also hospice services.
- Conowingo Veterans Center 775 Ragan Rd - Conowingo, MD - County: Cecil - personal care services
Prince Georges County
- Independence Court of Hyattsville by National Health Management - Rates are as low as $65/day and includes social outings, licensed nursing professionals on staff 24 hrs a day, therapies, meals, housekeeping,wellness centers. Apts with full bath and individual climate controls.
- Malta House by Victory Housing Hyattsville near University of Maryland - By Victory Housing - all inclusive monthly fee for private suite is $3400 and some lower on sliding scale. Activities and regular masses held.
- Paint Branch Assisted Living 3120 Powder Mill Road Adelphi, MD - Home in the countryside - Assisted living, therapies - In addition to private room, there are triple rooms for as low as $70/day.
- Summerville at Woodward Estates Bowie MD - by Summerville Senior Living - Assisted living, therapies including psychogeriatric services.
- Autumn Meadows - two locations: one in Gambrills and one in Bowie - small community with assisted living, therapies - furnished rooms with 3 meals, housekeeping, laundry, on site beauty/barber, medications ordered and administered, daily activities, on call medical care. Also short or long term stays. Average cost from $2000-$3000.
- Autumn Hill Fulton MD - By Kenwood Care Corp. Small community of assisted living in a family atmosphere - home cooked meals and snacks - housekeeping & laundry - activities - medication supervision and more - alternative solution to nursing care facility.
If you're interested in very small facilities of sole proprietorship for Maryland Assisted Living, most of which we have not listed here, the State of Maryland has a complete list by Counties, go here:
State of Maryland Assisted Living Facilities - Government Site
Please verify all information as it can change.
Return to Bestguide-AssistedLiving home page